The Patrick F. Taylor Foundation provides individual scholarships and grants to deserving Louisiana high school and college students attending two-year and four-year Louisiana undergraduate institutions, based on financial need and academic performance. These individual scholarships are administered by the Foundation upon the recommendation of the Patrick F. Taylor Foundation Education Committee and approval by the Patrick F. Taylor Foundation Board of Trustees.
The Foundation reviews scholarship applications for Fall and Spring semesters. The Foundation is no longer accepting applications for the Fall 2022 semester. Please check the website in November 2022 to apply online for the Spring 2023 semester.
Only applicants meeting the following criteria will be reviewed:
- Be a United States citizen and a resident of Louisiana
- Enroll full-time as a first-time freshman, by the first semester following the first anniversary of high school graduation
- Earn a 2.5 cumulative high school grade point average or higher
- Earn an ACT score of 19 or better (Minimum ACT score of 22, for students completing a BESE approved home study program or receiving a Louisiana high school equivalency diploma)
- Completion of an advanced 19-unit TOPS core curriculum
- Have graduated or high school senior graduating from a Louisiana high school and be able to submit transcript
- Received letter of acceptance to a Louisiana college or university
- Be able to provide information regarding amounts of financial assistance (college, federal & state grant awards)
- Submit one character-reference letter
- Submit a Scholarship Application Consent Form signed by both the student applicant and parent/guardian
*Required documentation is submitted through the online application.
Any exception to the above criteria must be approved by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees.
Scholarships for Louisiana high school and college students attending two-year and four-year Louisiana undergraduate institutions
Reward to “early scholars“ in the form of outside cultural enrichment programs.
Millions of dollars granted to over a dozen schools and universities to award scholarships.